Privacy at Azura Retreats
Your privacy is very important to us. We respect your privacy and will never misuse or sell your data to anyone. We ensure any data we hold is stored securely. This document describes how we collect, store use and protect your data and any information that could be used to identify you.
Azura Retreats is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services or our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who We Are
Azura Retreats Limited, and its group of companies was founded with the vision of taking people to undiscovered places of natural authentic beauty, enabling them to stay there in luxury and at the same time protect the environment and positively change the lives of the local community.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by Azura Retreats Limited and its group of companies, registered in the British Virgin Islands at: Trident Chambers, Wickhams Cay, PO Box 146, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. Registered number 1861043.
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure.
Although we take reasonable steps to protect the personally identifiable information that you provide via this site, no system is 100% secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not, and cannot, guarantee the security or accuracy of the information we gather.
This site is not directed to and does not seek to collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 13. Nevertheless, if we are informed that we have collected information from someone in this age category, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information that you provide to us when making an enquiry on our website, completing our guest pre-arrival questionnaire or feedback form, entering competitions, participating in market research and when contacting us both on and offline including:
- Name, address, contact information including phone and email.
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information.
- Information relating to your holiday such as reviews, feedback, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing requests.
- Information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, emergency contacts and special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence, and if you call us by telephone, we may monitor and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons.
- Information relevant to customer surveys, competitions, feedback, offers and market research.
- Information automatically received by us when you use the website, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone including: Browsing, form filling and search history. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements).
- The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics.
- Telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings that we use for training and quality control.
- Third party information about you from other sources which we may add to our account information.
When & Why Do We Collect 'Sensitive' Personal Data?
Certain categories of personal information, such as that about race, ethnicity, religion or health, are considered “sensitive personal data”. Generally, we try to limit the circumstances where we process sensitive personal data. However, this can occasionally occur because:
- you have requested specific medical assistance from us and/or an airport operator, such as the provision of wheelchair assistance or oxygen, or,
- you have sought clearance from us to fly with a medical condition or because you are more than 28 weeks pregnant, or,
- you have otherwise chosen to provide such information to us.
In addition, you may have made other requests in connection with making your travel arrangements that may possibly imply or suggest something about you that could be as “sensitive personal data”. For example, if you request a particular type of special meal this may imply or suggest that you hold particular religious beliefs or have a particular medical condition.
How We Collect Information
We collect information from our visitors in two ways: actively and passively.
Active information collection refers to instances in which we gather information from you when you fill it in and send it to us, such as filling out a registration form, signing up for an electronic newsletter, or sending us a message via an e-mail reply mechanism provided by this site. Active information collection can include both personally identifiable information (e.g., your full name or information that is unique to you) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., if we were to ask for your first name and a list of the top three things you like about our site).
Passive information collection refers to instances in which we collect information from you that you have not actively provided (please see the next section of this policy for a summary of our passive information collection practices).
Active Information Collection
(a) Registration Information
If you are interested in receiving electronic updates, alerts, and other information from us regarding our products and services, you must provide us with an e-mail address. In completing your registration, we may also ask for optional information, such as how you found us, to help us better serve you in the future.
(b) Feedback Information
We welcome your comments and feedback regarding our products and, services. Our site and informational material provides an e-mail address that permits you to send us your own e-mail address, comments, and any other information you choose to include. E-mail is not secure. As a result, you should carefully consider what information you wish to send to us via e-mail.
Passive Information Collection
We may use special technologies to passively collect information while you are visiting www.azura-retreats.com (that is, you do not actively provide this information). These technologies allow us to collect certain kinds of non-personally identifiable information, including your Internet domain name, the type of web browser you use, the operating system you use, the date and time of your visit, the specific pages you visit, and the address of the web site you visited prior to entering www.azura-retreats.com.
We do not link this passively collected non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information you have actively provided elsewhere on this site. We reserve the right to share with third parties, including our business partners and advertisers, the anonymous aggregated information that we have passively collected via this site.
Below we have summarized the primary means of passive information collection at our site.
This site places small text files called "cookies" on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do serve a number of useful purposes including:
- tailoring our website's functionality and how it performs
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. However, no longer accepting cookies or deleting them will prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary.
Third party cookies
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal data. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
This site uses IP addresses to aid us in identifying problems and potential security breaches of this site. When you voluntarily supply and submit personal data on our enquiry form, your IP address is submitted with your personal information.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information for marketing purposes to display adverts on our or other websites based upon your prior visits to our website, preferences and contact with Azura Retreats.
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to personalise and customise our service delivery according to your interests and preferences.
- We may use your information for resolving complaints and dealing with disputes.
- We may use your information for preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity
- We may use the information for managing and monitoring customer relations
- We may use the information for managing your newsletter subscription
- We may use the information for managing operations related to prospecting
- We may use the information for responding to any query that you may raise with us
- We may contact you by email, phone or direct mail unless requested otherwise.
Transfer Of Your Information
When you make a travel booking directly with our reservation agents, certain of the personal data you provide will need to be passed to and processed and stored by relevant third parties, such as transfer companies, our group companies and ground handling agents, so they can provide you with the arrangements you require.
In order for you to travel overseas, we may be required to disclose certain of your personal information to government bodies or other authorities in other countries, such as those responsible for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism. Even if it is not mandatory for us to provide information to such authorities, we may exercise our discretion to assist them where appropriate.
As we outline above, in certain circumstances, we are required to share information about you with immigration or other government authorities before we can deliver you to your destination.
Providing A Tailor-Made Service
Azura Retreats may use your personal information to provide services tailored to your requirements and treat you more personally, for example:
- to deliver messages and information that we think is relevant and may be of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your travel with us,
- to personalise the services, content and offers on our websites and other sales and servicing channels,
- to personalise and tailor your travel experience.
Examples of how we may use your personal information to provide a tailored, improved service may include our hotel and other staff being made aware that of your personal preferences and interests, as well as other aspects of your travel history with us.
Even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still send you communications about the services you have booked to use. These communications will help you get the most from the services we provide and may also contain options and offers about the services you will be using (e.g. additional baggage, pre-booked activities and upgrades). Please do not consider these to be marketing-related.
We may use and retain your personal information, including your purchase history, for administrative purposes, which may include for example, accounting and billing, auditing, credit or other payment card verification, anti-fraud screening (including the use of credit reference agency searches and payment card validation checks), immigration and customs control, safety, security, health, administrative and legal purposes and systems testing, maintenance and development.
Who Else May See Your Data / Who Will It Be Shared With?
In order to respond to your holiday request or booking we may need to disclose some of your information to our partners including:
- delivery companies such as the couriers and their affiliates.
- travel companies such as transfer companies.
- Promotional partners to send you gifts.
We only pass on information that is required in order to fulfil the booking or enquiry, such as name and address to delivery companies and name and passport information to airlines. Please be aware that due to the nature of our business and of the internet, information and data you provide may be transferred outside the country where it is submitted to us.
Advanced Passenger Information (API) is required by many countries prior to arrival (or departure). API information includes personal identity information such as name, passport details, visa information, nationality, transit and destination data. Airlines and transport companies are required to transmit this information by law and data entry is requested at the time of ticket issue. To comply with these regulations Azura Retreats passes the relevant information to the transport companies who transmit the information to the relevant authorities.
Azura Retreats does not buy, sell or rent any data to third parties. From time to time we may work with a promotional partner to give our customers the opportunity to enter competitions. Terms and conditions of competitions will fully disclose how the data will be used, along with permission and consent gathering.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Advice From Azura Retreats
Keep your booking reference and itinerary details confidential. When you make a booking, you will be given a booking reference. This will appear on the email confirmation or ticket of each person in your booking. You should keep your booking reference confidential at all times. Giving your booking reference to others may allow them to access your booking details through our system. If you are travelling with others and would not like your individual booking details to be accessible by them, you may prefer to have each person make separate bookings, to be paid for individually.
Terms & Conditions
Please click on the links below to view the Terms and Conditions for each of our properties:
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Legal Rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal information, including:
- The right to request access to, or copies of your personal information that we process or control, together with the information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of that personal information.
- The right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your personal information that we process or control.
- The right to request, on legitimate grounds: the deletion of your personal information that we process or control, or restriction of processing of your personal information that we process or control.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf.
- The right to have your personal information that we process or control transferred to another data controller, to the extent applicable.
- Where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent.
We endeavour to safeguard your Data to ensure that it is kept secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of data in an account from unauthorized entry of use, hardware or software failure and other factors.
Personal Information Retention
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion. If we do change the Policy, the new Policy will be posted here, and all information collected following the posting of such changes will be subject to the new Policy. We will use your personally identifiable information in accordance with the Policy in effect at the time we collected the information. We encourage you to check this Policy periodically and – at a minimum – before each instance in which you provide personally identifiable information via this site.