Luxury Vacation Rental in Cape Town
Pengilly House is located on Nettleton Ridge, Clifton, one of the most exclusive residential areas in Cape Town if not in the world. Delivering the ultimate luxury experience, perfect for extravagant functions, intimate family reunions, or as a peaceful sanctuary. The house accommodates 12 guests in 6 bedrooms. Set high above the cityscape, Pengilly House enjoys dramatic unobstructed, panoramic views of Clifton’s beaches, the 12 Apostles mountain range and the wide expanse of the Atlantic Ocean below. The sea views and sunset skies almost become an extension of the property.
Modern Contemporary Marvel
Pengilly House is an architectural masterpiece designed by Peerutin architects, and inspired by the works of former American architect John Launtner up and down the west coast of America. Launtner created expansive, lateral concrete properties, many perched on clifftops with spectacular views, these homes were often the backdrop for movies, including Bond films and the home of Iron Man. This Peerutin project needed to be split into two wings due to the large existing rock formations and to maximize the 270 degree views. The house is also split over 4 levels, and the interior and outdoor areas are well integrated, giving a sense of bringing the outside in.
Features and Finishes
The house has a main living area, spa, theatre, left wing, entertainment pavilion and two pods. Two elevators and a glass-floored passage link the different areas. The lower levels feature a spacious garage, an indoor pool and an office, the upper levels feature two disc-shaped entertainment spaces with raked glass windows. Innovative contemporary design at the highest level with minimal décor and accessories, every item in this home has been meticulously crafted or selected from around the world. The owners provided the final touches, furnishing and finishing the house with five materials that they particularly like: smokey glass, copper, Brazilian rosewood, white terrazzo and flamed Kalahari sandstone.
Main Living Area
A large open plan spacious living area with uninterrupted ocean views including that of Clifton's third and fourth beaches.
- The dining area offers a long table with seating for 10 guests.
- Spacious lounge with long couch and a surround sound entertainment system.
- Kitchen counter with seating and serving area (sociable area).
- Glassed wine cooling room.
- There is a large second kitchen with plenty of prep room and a walk-in refrigerator.
The ultimate in professional home viewing, separated from the spa by stack-away seamless glass doors.
- Large comfortable seating on couches
- Entire home audio system with 80 inch television
- Bowers & Wilkins speakers
- Private bar with counter and bar seating
- Small outside area overlooking the ocean
- Entire area is sound-proofed
- Private guest toilet
Experience the art of relaxing while not having to leave your home.
The spa area offers:
- Indoor heated salt-chlorinated swimming pool
- Granite steam room and shower
- Outside jacuzzi with a view over the ocean
- Changing room with toilet
The master bedroom is the epitome of a presidential suite in a 5-star hotel with a large walk-in dressing room, and a bathroom with ocean views.
- King-sized bed with automated TV from casing under bed with DSTV and Netflix
- Fireplace and air-conditioning
- En-suite: vanity, bath, shower and separate toilet
- Private deck with loungers
- Ocean and mountain views
This room also has incredible views and can be used as an office/private reading room and is equipped with a large desk, bookcase and couch with a TV.
- King-sized bed
- En-suite: shower, bath and toilet
- Ocean views
- TV with DSTV and Netflix
The Left Wing
- Open plan fully fitted kitchen with hob counter and bar stools and a small deck outside.
- The comfortable lounge is fitted with TV and sound system, and also has a small reading area, with ocean views
Each of the air-conditioned bedrooms in this wing has ocean and mountain views with:
- King-size bed
- Open wet room/bathroom
- TV with DSTV and Netflix
This pavilion is perfect for private parties and entertaining from one to fifty guests with ease. It has private access via an elevator from the guest reception/lobby area.
This is the main social area, used for entertaining guests at the pool. Seating on designer chairs at the bar or on comfy pool loungers on the lawn or on the enormous couch undercover. There is plenty of space for food preparation, a gas barbeque and bar counter with refrigerators. The rim flow swimming pool is heated and has its own changing rooms.
On level 3, above the Entertainment Pavilion, are two private bedrooms that open out onto a shared private deck or back out onto a secluded deck for chilling and relaxing.
- King-size beds
- Open plan wet rooms/bathrooms
- Ocean and mountain views
- Fully stocked bar with requirements pre-arrival
- Fast speed uncapped wireless internet
- Apple TV throughout
- World class sound system allowing DJ’s to easily connect
- Private and secure parking for 8 cars
- 24 hour monitored security
- Two elevators allow for restricted accessibility
- Private staff entrance with service lift
- Private gym
- On site property manager available 24 hours
- Day/night butler
- Driver with run-around vehicle
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service
- Complimentary airport transfers
- Private concierge
- Custom itinerary planning
- Multi-lingual tour guides
- Au pair/ nanny
- Personal security
- Luxury vehicles
- Personal trainer
- Therapeutic & beauty services
- Cocktail barmen
- DJ, musicians or artists
Pengilly House, with its stunning mountain and ocean views, is situated on the prestigious Nettleton Ridge in Clifton, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 24 km to Cape Town International Airport
- 15 minute drive into Cape Town central
- 13 minute drive to Table Mountain
- 2 minute drive to Twelve Apostles mountain range
- 3 minute drive to Camps Bay Beach
- 5 minute drive to Clifton Beach