Details for Your Stay
- At Azura Selous guests enjoy a Safari stay from $700 per person sharing per night in 2018.
- Reserve Entry & Concession fees are payable at the time of reservation, incl 18% VAT and are subject to change upon short notice as they are controlled by the Wildlife Department.
- Season: 1 June 2017 – 31 March 2018, 1 June 2018 - 6 January 2019. Azura Selous will be closed in April and May.
- Luxurious air conditioned tented villas with stone bathrooms, inside and outside showers and private plunge pools overlooking the Great Ruaha River.
- All meals, bush breakfast, bush lunches and picnics.
- Dining in different locations each night, including a bush dinner, with daily changing a la carte menus.
- Local beers & spirits, selection of house wines, soft drinks, tea & coffee, waters.
- Daily sun downer set up.
- All game drives and activities, including walking safaris, full day game drives with picnics, boating safaris when possible.
- Personalised tailor made safari itinerary.
- Night drive (one per person during stay is included on normal rate, not on safari rate)
- Various honeymoon special treats.
- Tanzanian host service.
- Return transfers from the Sumbazi airstrip.
- Wifi access available in lounge area.
- Various children's activities. Each child receives a special children's book for learning about game and being in the bush, and are looked after by a dedicated children's guide.
- Selous park fees, compulsory at $88.50 per day per adult and $64.90 per day per child.
- Night drives are excluded from safari rate, but can be added at charge of $142 per person per night.
- Tourism levy, compulsory at $1.50 per person per stay.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance, compulsory at $25 per person per stay.
- Premium spirits, cocktails, wines and champagnes.
- Personal gifts and staff gratuities.
- Optional $10 per tented villa per night Rainbow Fund contribution.
- Spa treatments.
- 18% government tax charged on local extras.
- Visas if required.
- Travel Insurance (recommended)
- We welcome children of age 6 years and older at Azura Selous but guest privacy must be respected.
- A maximum of two children can share a tented villa with adults.
- Children sharing with parents (6-16) stay free of charge.
- Children 17 years and over = full price.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in their own tented villa in accordance with Selous Game Reserve rules.
Supplements / Discounts
- Single supplements: 50% surcharge.
- Group rates available on request.
- Cancellation with less than 6 weeks’ notice: 100%.
- Cancellation with 6 - 12 weeks’ notice: 50%.
- Cancellation with more than 12 weeks' notice: 30%.
- Payment terms for your confirmed booking are full pre-payment, which can be done via EFT/wire transfer or via credit card secure online payment.
- Minimum stay 5 nights 22 Dec – 5 Jan.
- If full payment not received within 30 days of arrival we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
Medical Evacuation Insurance
All guests travelling to Azura Selous must have medical insurance and emergency evacuation coverage. We are able to arrange for emergency medical evacuation coverage for $25 pp for a period of 14 days and add it to guest invoices. This fee is subject to change as this service is provided by a third party.
- Rates for flights between Dar es Salaam and Azura Selous currently are $195 one way per person. There are several transfers every day.
- These connect easily with other destinations in Tanzania and northern Mozambique. Azura Selous cannot be held responsible for the occurrence(s) of any difficulty in, delay or the impossibility of access to the property relating to road, airstrip, weather or any other conditions beyond the control of the camp. Any changes made to the original booking are subject to the conditions and rates, even if caused by the aforesaid conditions.
- The Sumbazi air strip is not tarred.